Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What comes next?

So, I just wanted to include a brief update on the current court case. Absolutely nothing happened in December! Why? I have no idea, except perhaps, everyone decided to take a month off for holiday. I wish my emotions could have done the same thing.

January passed by relatively quickly. My husband and his folks finally showed up for their depositions (hours of questioning done under oath) and my lawyer said it went well. I don't know what that means exactly because I chose not to go. There was really no reason for me to be there except to look them in the face while they lied. I guess that could have been fun, if I got my jollies from that sort of thing. However, I did get a copy of the depositions, but I couldn't make it through the first few pages, so I stopped reading. But the good news, my lawyers came away from that interlude with renewed faith in me and a belief that we have to get my children OUT of this mess...meaning they didn't buy into all the lies and manipulations. I'm relieved.

My deposition will take place this Friday. I'm not as nervous as I thought I would be, but it's still Tuesday, so I have time to become a big ball of stress. (Which for everyone who knows me, knows this will happen! So, there's no use denying it.)

After that, who knows what will come next. I know there is mandatory mediation, then an evidentiary hearing, and then it should go to trial. I don't even have a guess at a time frame. I wish I could say it will all happen this month, but I don't think I can be that optimistic. I think I can safely say, within a year!

My hope: a MIRACLE.

No comments: