Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Angels in disguise

I've wondered why it's easy to believe bad things people tell us, but very hard to digest and fully believe the good.

Last Sunday, a dear friend of mine stopped by unexpectedly. I haven't seen her since we graduated from high school. It was so wonderful to see a familiar face. But more importantly, it was wonderful to hear from someone who knows me and knows who I am.

Her encouragement and support were unmatched. She helped me remember the strength I have inside--a strength I have always had but forgot existed. The most important thing she helped me realize: That the person I was with my husband is not who I am. It's just who I was with him.

That realization couldn't have come at a better time. I was losing faith and hope and getting caught up in all the negative things I've come to believe about myself in the last 5 years. I needed someone to pinch me; to wake me up out of the trance and show me the positive.

I believe God sends angels among us. I am indebted to the angels in my life.

No comments: